10. You have better things to do with your Saturdays than sit in an auto repair shop.
9. The right parts for your car can be harder to get on Saturdays. (But don’t worry, I’m sure that they can make something work.)
8. If the shop runs into a problem and your car must stay overnight, unless they are open on Sundays too, you lose your car for two days.
7. The overhead is higher for a shop that must staff for Saturday hours. (Guess who pays the extra.)
6. The majority of shops with Saturday hours are chains which can add 5 to 20 percent to your bill in the form of royalties.
5. Due to abbreviated hours of Saturdays, your job may get rushed.
4. Saturday hours can cause technician burn out. (I hope he isn’t working on your car when it happens.)
3. Technicians have other things to do on Saturday, just like you do. If they are worrying about what they are not getting done because they have to work, then they are not worrying about your car and how your job turns out.
2. The best technicians don’t have to work at places that are open on Saturdays. (Many don’t!)
And the #1 reason you don’t want to go to a shop that has Saturday hours is…
1. Because if you do you won’t be coming here! (And we sure would miss you!)