Harrell & Beverly uses the Original Equipment Manufacture’s (OEM) parts when available. OEM parts are a little more expensive but they are designed and engineered specifically for your vehicle, unlike aftermarket parts, which are mostly reverse engineered and made by the lowest bidder.
Transmission & Drivetrain
- Automatic Transmissions
- Transfer Cases
- Manual clutch systems
- Standard transmissions
- C.V. Joints
- Drive shafts
Advanced Computer & Electronic Diagnostics
- Engine, emission and EVAP systems (check engine light)
- Transmission (overdrive light)
- Transfer case (four wheel drive)
- Anti-lock brake system (ABS light)
- Body control systems (power seats, instrument panel, etc…)
- Starting and charging system (battery/charging light)
- General engine repair
- Engine lube, oil and filter service (basic or deluxe)
- Cooling system
- EVAP (evaporative emissions system)
- Steering and suspension
- Starting, charging and electrical
- Engine and chassis service
- Air Conditioning System
- We provide diesel engine service and repair for Ford, GM-Chevy and Dodge trucks. It is imperative that you keep your diesel engine serviced to avoid costly repairs and maximize its longevity. If your diesel engine has more than 50,000 miles on it then the following service intervals are recommended. If you routinely tow or haul heavy loads and/or drive in dusty conditions these service intervals are critical.
- Engine Oil & Filter – every 3,000 to 5,000 miles
- Fuel Filter – every 15,000 miles
- Engine Air Filter – every 20,000 to 30,000 miles
Service and Repair Available for
- Front wheel drive
- Rear wheel drive
- Four wheel drive
- Motor homes
- Medium duty trucks
- Domestic vehicles
- Asian vehicles
- Some European vehicles
Used Vehicle Pre-Purchase Evaluation
If you are buying a used vehicle you will want to know if it is worth the price you are paying. A reputable seller should allow you to have the vehicle evaluated by your own mechanic. Harrell and Beverly can provide this peace of mind evaluation for you before you buy your next used vehicle. We can do a simple free road test or we can do a thorough evaluation and give you a written report that can be used as a negotiation tool. Give us a call at (407) 322-8415 or email us at email@example.com to setup your appointment time.
Specialized Service and Repair for Classic Cars
We can take care of all your classic car and hot rod service and repair needs. We have worked on many different kinds of specialty cars through out the years. In fact, today’s “classic cars” were everyday drivers when Harrell & Beverly opened up, so we have the knowledge and experience needed to work on your special ride.
Transmission Tune-Up Service
There is a marketed procedure known as a Fluid Exchange or Fluid Flush. Many repair facilities are promoting this procedure as a Transmission Service which is incorrect. This procedure does not address most of the variables that are critical to the performance and longevity of a transmission, such as, road testing, drive train inspection, filter renewal and adjustments. A complete Transmission Tune-Up Service consists of the following and should be completed every 15,000 miles or once a year:
- Road test vehicle for operational performance
- Perform, bumper to bumper, under vehicle inspection of the drive train
- Remove transmission pan and inspect wear condition
- Drain converter (when applicable)
- Clean transmission pan and install new pan gasket, filter and filter seal
- Complete applicable adjustments: bands, linkage and throttle pressure control
- Refill transmission with correct fluid and add special conditioner
- Final road test and inspection
Some manufacturers say their transmissions could be serviced at intervals that range from 50,000 to 100,000 miles. They also want to sell you another vehicle as soon as possible. These recommended service intervals are assuming ideal driving conditions like not having any stop-n-go traffic and no hot weather.
Florida’s summer heat and stop-and-go driving will cause transmission fluid to break down and can damage internal components. These conditions are brutal on a transmission, reducing its longevity and performance.
The average driver puts about 15,000 miles on their vehicle per year. We encourage you to perform a Transmission Tune-Up Service every 15,000 miles or once a year, whichever occurs first. Transmission maintenance is vital to the longevity of your transmission and your vehicle, reducing your chances of having a major transmission repair.